Get a Cash Offer
Table of Contents
Can I sell a property while waiting for probate?
Can you sell a house before probate is granted is a frequently asked question?
Yes, you can sell a property before probate is granted, and we buy any property, house, flat or land before probate is granted.
We can exchange contracts and wait for probate to be granted.
This helps while you wait for probate to be granted; you have assured the property is old and the buyer cannot back off.
Selling a probate property fast
We at Sell House Fast 4 Cash buy probate property for cash – even if it is in bad condition.
If you have inherited a property from a relation, you wish to sell the house or flat as quickly as possible. This may be for financial or emotional reasons.
At Sell House Fast 4 Cash is experienced in sensitively helping people sell their probate property quickly. We are aware of the intricacies of the probate process. We can support you throughout the sale of the property.
Many inherited houses need repair or refurbishment, which can put buyers off if a lot of expensive work is needed. Unfortunately, this is not a problem for us.
Why not contact us for no-obligation advice and valuation to see how we can help.
Planning To Sell An Inherited House?
- Consult the Will. Dealing with the deceased’s estate after their death is different, whether or not they have made a will.
- Apply for probate.
- Pay inheritance tax if applicable.
- Get the property ready for sale or sell to us as it is.
How to sell an inherited property?
Losing a loved one and dealing with a property sale may be the last thing you want to deal with. Many find that going through probate and putting a house on the market with an estate agent can be emotionally draining and protracted.
At Sell House Fast 4 Cash, we aim to eliminate the stress of selling a probate property. The process is quick and straightforward:
- Obtain a property valuation for the inherited property from us.
- Find out if there are any outstanding debts that need to be paid by your loved one, like secured loans or credit card bills etc.
- Work out your selling timescale
- We can deal with solicitors and pay their costs.
- The money is paid into your bank account once the property sale completes (which will happen in days from the date the Grant of Probate has been made)
- We are able to buy your inherited house quickly because we have our own cash funds. We have a wealth of experience in fast house sales. We have in-house solicitors and an in-house surveyor so we can act quickly.
We will support & guide you through every step. Do not just take our word for it; see some examples of happy customers who have sold their homes fast with our help.
What you need to know about selling an inherited property
If you want to sell a probate property, there are a few things you should know:
- If your name is not already on the title deeds, you must wait for probate to be granted. This typically takes around 8 weeks – but can, in some cases, be longer.
- While you are waiting for probate to be granted, you can put the property up for sale; however, you must wait until your name is on the deeds before completing the sale.
- You will need to empty the property’s contents before the sale completes. Alternatively, you can agree with the buyer to keep or buy the contents. If you are selling your property to us, we can arrange to have it cleared once we have bought the property, if you wish
- You must pay for vacant property insurance if the property is left unoccupied for 30 days. You should inform the insurer if the property is vacant for more than 30 days.
- You will need to pay bills and mortgage payments until the house sells.
We always suggest that legal advice be taken before making any critical decisions. For example, you can get more guidance about taxes on inherited property, money and shares from the government website here.
What if the situation changes and I don’t need to sell it?
If the circumstances changes and you no longer wish to sell your house, that is not a problem.
We take pride in our simple process, making things easy for the seller with zero cost to you. We have no problem paying your solicitor’s fees until that point, so there is nothing for you to worry about if your circumstances change.
How much can I get for my inherited property?
Property buying companies, such as Sell House Fast 4 Cash, typically offer under total market value for a property.
However, if you sell your property to Sell House Fast 4 Cash, you will not need to pay any estate agent or solicitor fees. There is zero cost for using our service, and we offer you a fast, guaranteed sale.
Before deciding whether to sell your inherited property through a traditional estate agent or House Buy Fast, you should consider all the costs of selling a property. Below is a table detailing some of the typical costs.
How much of the market value will you offer me?
Using a fast house sale company means you will receive under-market value for your property. This varies depending on the type of property, its condition, location, and the local property market.
When calculating whether to accept an offer and if this is the right thing for you and your family, it is essential to consider the costs you would have to pay if you sold your home using a local estate agent.
These costs can be like:
- solicitor legal fees
- Estate agent fees
- mortgage payments
- Empty property Council
- Electric & Gas Bills
- repairs & maintenance that may be required
How quickly will I receive cash for my property?
Generally, it can take up to three weeks to receive the cash for your property. This timescale is from when you contact us wishing to sell your house to the completion date. Our process is flexible, which depends on your preferred timeline.
Do you charge any fees or costs?
There is zero cost to you and no hidden charges either. Sell House Fast 4 Cash covers all the house valuation fees and your legal fees. You also save money that you would otherwise pay an estate agent.
This means that once you have received your property valuation from us, you have peace of mind that you know precisely the amount of money you will receive at completion.
Can I use my own solicitor?
Should you wish to use your own solicitor, you are more than welcome, and we will cover the cost for you.
You also have the option to use a solicitor recommended by us. We will give you 3 options, and you can choose the one you prefer. As said above, we will cover the legal costs of solicitors involved in the sale of the house process.
Will I be dealing with one person through the entire process?
House Buy Fast is full of individuals with a wealth of experience in the property industry. We understand the importance of good customer service.
You will deal with the same individual during the whole process, from your initial call to when we’ve purchased the property.
Are we members of any professional body?
We are members of the Institute of Property Investors (IPI) & the British Landlords Association. This ensures that a form of redress is available should you have a complaint.
We’re also founding members of The Institute of Property Investors and sit on the advisory committee of Probate Legal Advice.
Selling a House While in Probate?
- First, register the death. You will need to provide a death certificate as part of the Probate process.
- Get the house valued. Our valuations are free.
- Check the title and deeds for the property. You can obtain them from the HM land registry, or we can get them for you.
- Pay Inheritance Tax if applicable.
- Apply for a Grant of Probate.